Lynda Cottrell is the owner/operator of Shear Perfection Pet Salon. Lynda has been involved in the pet industry since 1978. Her love of dogs has extended into every facet of the industry. Although her primary focus has been in pet styling, she has worked as a veterinary technician and has experience in obedience training.
Her involvement in the pet styling industry includes:
- Attaining Certified Master Groomer status with all three industry recognized testing curriculums
- Attending seminars and continuing education programs
- Winner of numerous National and International Pet Styling competitions
- Breed demonstrations/Speaking engagements
- Judging assignments for Pet styling competitions
- Product development
Some of Lynda’s top wins in Pet Styling Competitions include:
- Best Groomer American Classes
- InterGroom International Invitational Pet Styling Competition held in New York (this competition consists of the top-qualifying stylists from around the world).
Named Champion of Champions
U.S. Pet Pro Classic Tournament of Champions Invitational held in Dallas Texas (to qualify competitors had to have won a best-groomed dog in show at a major recognized competition).
GroomTeam USA Member
Consisting of a six-member team judged the best professional Pet Stylists in the United States. Becoming a member is based on points accumulated by winning in sanctioned Pet Styling competitions throughout the country during the course of one year. An “Olympic style” international competition – Held in Nantes, France – Other countries in the team competition comprised; The Netherlands, England, Italy, France, Canada and other countries.
Up against the best stylists in the world Lynda won the title “Best Groomed Hand-stripped Cocker Spaniel in Show” – subsequently besting the three time French national Hand-strip champion.
She also won second most earned points in show assisting her team in bring home the Silver Medal. The Netherlands took the Gold – France the Bronze.