OPEN POINT TABULATION
- Show Management reports the number of entries and class placements from the 4 sanctioned open classes (Sporting, Poodle, Hand Strip, and Scissor) to the GroomTeam USA Coordinator.
- Results must be submitted on official forms.
- Results must be received within 15 days of the completed competition.
- The GroomTeam USA Coordinator will determine the number of awarded points based on submitted results.
- The Coordinator will submit the points to the Promotional Team for posting on the website and social media outlet(s). Points will be posted within 5 days of receipt from the Coordinator.
- The Top Ten Competitors are announced each year.
In the event of a tie, the groomer who defeats the most competitors in that class will prevail.
If a tie still exists, the groomer with the highest number of class placements will prevail.
TRAVEL TEAM POINT TABULATION
- The GroomTeam USA World Travel Team will be comprised of the top point holders using the highest annual points from the two-year cycle. One representative will be determined from each of the four sanctioned classes.
- In the event of a tie, the groomer who defeats the most competitors in that class will prevail.
- If a tie still exists, the groomer with the highest number of class placements will prevail.
- If the Travel Team is still undecided by the annual year-end Board of Directors meeting the Board will convene for a final vote.
The GroomTeam USA World Travel Team alternate will be selected by the Board of Directors based on the individual’s ability to groom any of that year’s selected breeds. Individuals being considered must have pointed in at least three of the four sanctioned classes.
GroomTeam USA requirements do not mandate that a Travel Team member be among the Top Ten point holders.