The top groomers going to Barcelona, Spain in 2013 are…
The Groomys 2012 was a huge success, but it would be nothing without the generous support and commitment of the pet grooming vendors and show producers. First I would like acknowledge Christine Difilippo’s commitment to The Groomys, she opened her doors in 2011 and continued her support into 2012.
Thanks To All Of Our Sponsors
PLATINUM: Andis, Wahl, Barkleigh Productions, Groomers Helper, Intergroom, & Les Pooche.
GOLD: Nature’s Specialties, Paragon School of Pet Grooming, Groomers Choice, Best Shot, Frank Rowe & Sons, & EZ-Groom.
SILVER: Aaronco Pet products, All American Grooming Show, Ascot, Aesculap, Atlanta Pet Fair, Bardel Bows, Cherrybrook, ConAir Pro, Davis Manufacturing, Direct Animal Products, Electric Cleaner Company, Governor Insurance Agency, Lambert Kay, Clipper Vac – MDC Romani, NDGAA, NEPGP, Pet King Brands / Zymox, Pet-Agree, PetLift, Petzlife Products, Precision Sharp, Pure Paws, Showseason Animal Products, Super Styling Sessions, SuperZoo & UltraLift.
The Groomy Awards are presented by the GIVE A GIFT FOUNDATION which stands for Grooming Industry Vendors Excellence Association and its philanthropic arm, the Grooming Industry Foundation Trust. The goal of GIVE A GIFT is to increase the awareness of the general public to the excellence of professional groomers and their art, champion the grooming industry and the professional groomers through awards and recognition and to support the efforts of GroomTeam USA.
All sponsors of The Groomys have received Honorary membership into the Grooming Industry Vendors Excellence Association, which has the philanthropic division: Grooming Industry Foundation Trust. Together they constitute GIVE A GIFT.
Benefits for Show Producers
The Grooming Industry Vendors Excellence Association’s mission includes enhancing the industry shows through the following opportunities:
- Increased Show Traffic
- 2. Increased Show Visibility through Group Advertising
- Expanded GTUSA Awareness will increase show awareness
- GTUSA Booths
- Sanctioned Events
Benefits for Vendors
The Grooming Industry Vendors Excellence Association’s mission includes enhancing vendors through the following opportunities:
- The Groomys Awards Gala
- Association Group Discounts
SECAUCUS, NJ – On April 22, 2012 the best pet grooming has to offer gathered for an exciting night of recognition, dinner and dancing in conjunction with Intergroom. The night began with a serene harp music reception and ended with the dance band Phenomenon playing an encore set until one o’clock in the morning. In between Chuck Simons, the founder of The Groomys, hosted a sit-down dinner where The Groomy Awards were presented to the recipients.
The 2012 Groomy Awards:
• Marea Tully was presented with the “Groom Team Spirit Award”.
• Cheryl Purcell was presented with the “Groom Team Spirit Award”.
• Olga Zabelinskaya was presented with “The Peggy Harris Humanitarian Award”.
• Al Davis was presented with the “Grooming Industry Vendors Excellence Award”.
• Frank Rowe was presented with the “Grooming Industry Vendors Excellence Award”.
• Sam Kohl was presented with the “Contribution to the Industry”.
• Mary Meeks was presented with the “Contribution to the Industry”.
• Teri DiMarino was presented with “The “Grooming Industry Professional of the Year” Groomy Award”.
• Todd Shelly was presented with “The “Grooming Show Producer of the Year” Groomy Award”.
• Ann Stafford was presented with the “Lifetime Achievement Award”.
• Sally J. Liddick was presented with “The Sally J. Liddick “Legends of Grooming” Groomy Award”.
• Gwen Shelly was presented with “The Sally J. Liddick “Legends of Grooming” Groomy Award”.
• Liz Paul was presented with “The Sally J. Liddick “Legends of Grooming” Groomy Award”.
Commemorative Plaques were awarded to the current Traveling Team of GroomTeam USA. They included: Lindsey Dicken, Michell Evans, Jennifer Lee, Irina Pinkusevich and Olga Zabelinskaya. The Board of Directors also received the same plaques; they are Marea Tully, Teresa Dreese and Suesan Watson. As a token of GroomTeam USA’s appreciation, plaques were also awarded to their Premium Sponsors, which included Andis, Wahl, Lambert Kay, Kenchi Shears and 44/20.